Welcome to the Ellis Human Development Institute!
What to Expect
At your first appointment, you will meet with one of our clinical intake specialists to complete some paperwork. Completing paperwork may take 60 minutes.
After your paperwork is complete, you will meet with a counselor to complete a clinical intake interview. You and your counselor will discuss your concerns, personal history, and goals. You and your counselor will determine which services will be the most helpful for you and will develop a treatment plan. This clinical interview may last 1.5 to 2 hours.
What to Bring
When you come to your first appointment at the Ellis Human Development Institute, please bring the following items:
- A picture ID, such as a driver’s license.
- Insurance card, if applicable.
- The copay for your appointment. We accept cash, personal check, and most credit/debit cards.
- A list of other doctors involved in your care.
- A list of your medications, including who prescribed them and your current dosages.
- Custody paperwork for your child (if appropriate).
- Copies of previous evaluations or assessments.
If you would like to complete some of your paperwork prior to your appointment, download our intake forms, complete them, and bring to your appointment.
- Insurance Companies may have transportation assistance. Contact your company.
- Bus Routes:The #1, 2, 4, and 41 buses stop at 3rd and Grimes, right in front of the Ellis Institute. Please see http://www.i-riderta.org/ for schedule and route information
- Taxi services in Dayton
- Anton’s Transportation (937) 252-4756
- Dayton Yellow Cab (937) 252-8888
- Dayton Express Cab (937) 226-9999