Local and Regional Resources
- Listening and Spoken Language Preschool
"Our mission is to provide the opportunity for children who are deaf or hard of hearing the opportunity to learn listening and spoken language skills in a natural environment so they can join their hearing peers in a mainstream educational setting."
- Montgomery County ESC Public School Districts Map and Resources
The Montgomery County Educational Service Center (ESC) supports a system for strong collaborative linkages of its major stakeholders: districts, educational providers, students, parents, and the public at large. Through these combined efforts, the ESC works actively to support the schools' continuous improvement processes by offering a broad range of quality services and programs. These cooperative efforts are designed to strengthen the capacity of the districts to achieve quality and cost-effective programs.
- Catholic Social Services
An agency providing services and education for individuals and families.
- Kinship Caregiver Coalition
Kinship care refers to a temporary or permanent arrangement in which a relative or any non-relative adult who has a relationship or bond with the child is caring for that child in place of his/her parents.
- Dayton Region-Montgomery County Community Resource Guide
Comprehensive guide to available resources in the Miami Valley published by Montgomery County Human Services Planning & Development Department.
- Ray and Joan Kroc Corps Community Center
Ray and Joan Kroc Corps Community Centers serve many functions. Mostly, they are a resource to enhance communities and provide individuals and families with opportunity to meet their potential.
- Support Groups and Individual Counseling for Adults Dealing with Grief
- Grief Services for Youth
- The Compassionate Friends provides highly personal comfort, hope, and support to every family experiencing the death of a son or a daughter, a brother or a sister, or a grandchild, and helps others better assist the grieving family. Our meetings are open to all family members (age 13 and older) who are grieving the death of a child, sibling, or grandchild. There is no religious affiliation and no dues or fees.
- Oak Tree Corner
The Oak Tree Corner provides a safe and caring community where children and teens from the greater Dayton area can learn to deal with the grief from the death of someone important. They can communicate with their peers about the experience and can develop inner strength for healthy living through guidance and support.
Help Me Grow
- Help Me Grow
A voluntary family support program for pregnant women or new parents. Offered in every county of the state through a well-established network, Help Me Grow is an evidence-based program that promotes healthy growth and development for babies and young children. Our home visitors are well-trained professionals who use a non-judgmental and compassionate approach that empowers parents with skills, tools and confidence to nurture the healthy growth of their children.
- Prevent Blindness Vision Care Outreach Program
Prevent Blindness is dedicated to addressing the challenge to prevent blindness and preserve sight through wise investment of community support.
- Reach Out Montgomery County
Reach Out's mission is to provide access to health care services (clinic/pharmacy) for the underserved/uninsured population in Montgomery County, without restraints, utilizing the professional skills of volunteer physicians, nurses and other health care professionals.
Mental Health and Substance Use
- Life Essentials
The goal of Life Essentials is to be the community leader in providing professional, person-centered services to enhance the well-being of vulnerable adults. We care for our community’s forgotten, those living with mental illness, those who are alone, and those who have no voice. Life Essentials provides unique and specialized programs that enrich lives by educating and inspiring clients to be in charge of their mental and physical health. Our dedicated staff provide advocacy services that enable seniors and people living with mental illness to have a greater quality of life. We are Helping People and Transforming Lives through integrity, excellence and community.
- Young Children’s Assessment and Treatment Services (YCATS)
This program is designed for children 6 and under experiencing challenges such as: behavioral concerns, including disruptive or aggressive behaviors, attention and hyperactivity issues, trauma, developmental issues such as autism or pervasive developmental disorders, and attachment problems.
- Samaritan Behavioral Health Substance Abuse Services
Samaritan Behavioral Health’s Substance Abuse Services offer the following to any adult living in Montgomery County.
- Care House
CARE House, along with each of the partner agencies work to advocate for children who don’t have a voice. We provide a victim advocate to walk through the whole CARE House experience with the family.
- Samaritan CrisisCare hotline 937-224-4646.
- Ridge Adult Programs
The RIDGE Project is a Christian, non-profit organization dedicated to empowering generational responsibility in individuals and improving the lives of families throughout the state of Ohio. Our Organization believes that strong families produce strong children, who will pass on that legacy of strength to future generations.
A counseling center focusing on helping women overcome the trauma of childhood sexual abuse, and teaching young children how to protect themselves from abuse.
- Family Services Classes and Group Services.
An agency providing classes and group services for families.
- Nova Behavioral Health
NOVA offers a continuum of alcohol and drug services which includes Out-patient, Residential, and After-Care services.
Daybreak’s mission is to eliminate youth homelessness in the Miami Valley through comprehensive and results-oriented programs that provide safety and stability for runaway, troubled, and homeless youth.
- PLACES Cares for adults diagnosed with mental health disorders, including the homeless, by providing housing and the supportive services they need to live happier, healthier, more independent lives.
- Dayton FASD Network
The Greater Dayton Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder Network is a monthly group for parents, caregivers and professionals living or working with an individual diagnosed in the fetal alcohol spectrum or who is suspected of having a FASD.
- Suicide Prevention Center
To save lives threatened by suicide by offering 24-hour crisis hotline and support groups; to foster prevention of suicide by offering specialized training programs and programs for school children; and to encourage community involvement in suicide prevention efforts to affect change.
- Consumer Advocacy Model (CAM) Adults experiencing alcohol, drug, and/or mental health problems with a focus on persons with physical, cognitive, and developmental disabilities.
Social Security Disability