- The internship application process is now all electronic. (www.appic.org/AAPI)
- Carefully review instructions before completing
- It is usually helpful to start with the practicum hours sections
- Some sites may request other application materials. Have a testing report and a case summary ready.
- See Fee Section for cost of submitting applications
- We recommend submitting twenty (20) applications
General Information for Application
- Spell Dr. Schultz’s name correctly: Michelle Schultz, PsyD
- Dr. Schultz’s email: email@example.com
- SOPP Training Model: Practitioner
- SOPP phone number and fax number:
- Phone number: (937) 775-3469
- Fax Number: (937) 775-3434
- SOPP address: Wright State University, SOPP, 3640 Colonel Glenn Hwy, Dayton, OH 45435-0001
- SOPP is a Clinical (general) program
- CPA is the Canadian Psychological Association (n/a for us)
- We require all parts of the Dissertation to be completed, to both accept and attend an internship, except for the defense, which is not required to accept an internship, but is required to attend.
- Be sure to accurately describe your practicum placements. For example, Drew - Urban, public health center; GPC - School's community based, outpatient training clinic.
- Prepare drafts of all essay questions for review by Dr. Schultz and others
- Be thoughtful and concise.
- Get feedback from your advisor and peers
- Dr. Schultz will complete Part 2 of the AAPI - Verification of Internship Eligibility and Readiness for each student.
- Be sure to remove all names and other identifying information from all requested work samples. Work samples should be signed by your supervisor.
Letters of Recommendation
- Request up to four (4) people to write letters. Include at least two (2) who have directly supervised your clinical work and one (1) faculty member who has instructed you or supervised your dissertation.
- Request letters so they can be ready in time for your earliest deadlines.
- Share a copy of your vita and any other potentially helpful academic and training information with writers.
- Intenship in Psychology: The APAGS workbook ww.apa.org/pubs/books/4313034.aspx.
- The internship Match: Changing the Paradigm to Move Beyond the Status Quo. -- Special Issues of Training and Education in Professional Psychology, Vol.1 No. 4. November 2007.
- Internship Match Tips: www.apa.org/gradpsych/features/2009/match-tips.aspx
- Applying to Internship? www.psychzone.com/index.htm